The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday October 13, 2013 at 23:07
sceneselect
Long Time Member
March 2012
I think the larger point of the article is that we are slow to accept change. That is what I gleaned from the article.
I have this wise friend who sort of poo-poohs my complaining and he embraces things a lot of us would complain about. It is all about perspective and making these products work so we can all make money.

Bad and evil marketing geniuses:
Apple
Sonos
Nest
Bose
That ice cream truck
------>Samsung<-------- maybe just evil, and maybe too much of genius they can't see the forest for the trees.
The US Treasury
Sham-Wow
And many more-

Point is- I am starting to realize people think of me by the way I speak about the products I love or hate.
If I say that wifi connected radio/speaker device works well but their API is closed, therefore they suck. The person I am saying that to will see me as immature, negative, ignorant, held back, likes to lick paint on the window sill, etc.

However- pointing out to the world that trusted experienced business owners, techs, and programmers are a bunch of ingrate babies is seriously not cool...at all, because we are your readership base... And we read your articles... A lot. Sometimes twice because of the pictures, and comments. We overlook stale ideas by writers who have to try and shoot from the hip to make a good story, because everyday a new one is required...e v e r y d a y.

Just sayin

Hosting Services by ipHouse