The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday October 13, 2013 at 20:32
hsm123
Lurking Member
January 2007
Hello and sorry if this is not the correct venue for this post, but have tried the consumer urc forum and the main, without a single response.
I have an old automator 200, which was working fine Saturday AM and then appeared dead that afternoon. Everything was still listed on the LCD screen, the signal icon would come on and I could see the light respond on the MRF 100A blaster, but no signal reaching the equipment-it won't do anything even when you're not using the RF. I can hold it right in front of the equioment and it is dead. I tried removing batteries a few times without a change, also replaced batteries. Then I erased the entire unit, or at least I think I did. It said initial, which I assume means re-initialize and then it said LCD good, System good.
Then I tried learning a few power commands and other keys. Sometimes thaey would be accepted, other times they would fail to learn. Even when accepted as good, no response from the equipment. During the learning, sometimes the screen would start to become very light, but then come back when I reverted to the Main screen.
My questions are: Mainly, is there any fix for this? Can the unit be self-repaired and what is the most likely cause for the failure?
Secondly, if it is to be considered a basket-case, I have seen the RF20, which looks like the same unit, but will it work with the old IR Blaster MRF-100A, I think the RF-20 is supposed to pair with the MRF-100B.
I would appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse