The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 180 made on Friday October 11, 2013 at 16:02
Late Night Bill
Long Time Member
February 2004
I don't really see this as much different than how many other branches of government currently work. The difference is that this is now a branch that most people will have to directly interface with, whereas most other branches are abstracted away from your life.

Ever try and deal with ICE - Customs, Immigration/Visas? USPTO - Patent and Trademark Office? FDA -Food and Drug? These are all massive organizations that people make entire careers out of dealing with them, understanding their forms and applications, knowing the tricks of the trade to actually getting the job done.

Now we have Healthcare.gov to let the people interface directly with the department. There are no 'expert' lawyers or brokers yet, no 'Dummies' books on this yet. So honestly, compared to some other departments, even with website launch issues, this is like a breath of fresh air just in the fact that it 'might work'.

Personally, I don't plan to use the healthcare exchanges and will be keeping the private insurance I have. So all I can say to everyone else is, "Good Luck with that".

Hosting Services by ipHouse