Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 177 made on Friday October 11, 2013 at 14:57
BigPapa
October 2005
On October 11, 2013 at 13:51, cgav said...
No matter what was paid for it, why is it acceptable to you that it doesn't work? Is it just because it is the party line? Take off your democrat Oakleys for a minute.

What if you were hired to connect a house that had been pre-wired. There was a party and the owners needed it done by such and such date. You do a horrible job on the installation and it doesn't work half of the time. Should this be acceptable to the customer because "Oh, the kinks will get worked out". No. They'd be pissed and rightfully so.

We the American people are the customers, it isn't working right, and a lot of people are pissed. It's not a partisan issue. Democrats should be equally pissed off.

Where did you make the serious mistake of assuming that this is all acceptable to me?

Acceptable would mean we take it as it is now and don't improve it. Saying 'the kinks will get worked out' is not acceptance. 

It's quite apparent you (or others) are wearing some kind of ideological glasses which paints everything with a 'government sucks' hue. And somebody not falling in line and expressing any pragmatism is a Democratic party loyalist. 

Then to make things more complicated, you make another erroneous assumption. Since I did not fall into line and grab the pitchfork with you, and had the temerity to challenge some of these assertions and biases, you assume that I believe the mirror opposite of you. 

This is a serious problem in argument. If somebody does not believe what you do, this does not mean the believe the exact opposite of what you do. 

This means you are wearing ideological glasses and assume everybody else is wearing some other ideological glasses. Makes for an overly simplistic worldview that makes life more complicated. 

There is also the lack of good faith argument in the greater debate, displayed in this thread: much of the bitching sure seems to be driven by sentiments that hope the whole thing will fail and have espoused a True Believer faith that it will fail. Obbviously driven by ideology (more of the glasses). That I challenge that notion and call out this bad faith concept does not mean I'm a True Believer that it will work. It may turn into a big stinky pile. Or it may sorta work. Or it may be great in (1, 2, 15) years. 

It's a very large and complex undertaking and it hasn't started well. This isn't Facebook or Twitter either, it's a web portal that has to integrate a complex service with many public and private entities. And it hasn't been made any easier when factions within the government are still resisting passed law in implementing it. 

(is the above Pragmatism or left wing ideology? Can you tell the difference?)

(rhetorical question)

So your analogy with hooking up somebody else's wiring for a deadline isn't great, because I've been there and done that. Also with AV projects over $1m dollars. And there are glitches and stuff doesn't go right, sometimes our fault, sometimes not. 

But we work on fixing it then fix it because it is not acceptable. 

Hosting Services by ipHouse