Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday October 9, 2013 at 21:52
audiox99
Long Time Member
April 2007
Good evening guys,

About a month ago, We set up a customer with 8 Klipsch CA-800T's in bypass mode, powered by 4 ea Niles SI-2150's. The customer wanted Pandora/Sonos as the source, and it is controlled by his iPhone. Sonos out loops to first bus input, and loop through to each amp, etc, and then put to a pair of woofers. The Niles amps are being triggered on by the Music Sense trigger.

Two and a half weeks ago, customer calls and says amp 3 is turning off. I get a replacement coming and swap it out. All good, right.

Today, Amps 1 & 3 in our stack are going in to protection mode after about 1/2 hr - 1 hr. Amp 3 goes before amp 1. I verified volume levels, reset the amps, and sat down to listen. Everything sounded great. Come back in an hour after working in the house and both amp 1 and 3 are in protect mode again.

Call tech support. They give me the whole ra ra about no known issues on the amps, etc. Oh wait, Sonos? There's a known issue for a few weeks about the Sonos outputs being "too hot" going into Niles amps. Known to who? Tech support only. I asked them where the tech bulletin is on the issue. Oh, we are working on getting it to the web.

At this point, I am very frustrated with them and their products. He proceeds to tell me that I can send an email to tech support about getting a tech bulletin published. I volley back that I am in the field troubleshooting, and being he is sitting at a desk he can send an email for me! "I didn't build it, I am only in tech support, I am not an engineer" song and dance follows.

Anyone else have a similar set up and getting similar results?

PS Original amp has been received by them for 2 weeks per UPS tracking, and still has not made it to the bench for testing. I was told today turn around is normally 4-6 weeks!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse