Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 85 made on Friday October 4, 2013 at 15:54
cnacht
Long Time Member
March 2005
|
And the doc is right, we spend way too much money on the last 6 months of life. Yet the conservatives keep harping abut "death panels". I suspect if the system asked the family to pay out of pocket for the last 6 months of life, most families would start believing in euthanasia. We treat our dogs better than we treat our own family members.

Although I tend to sway to the conservative/libertarian point of view, it drives me nuts when the Republicans play to peoples fears by calling these things "Death Panels". As far as I am concerned a panel that would decide what is appropriate to provide based on evidence based medicine would be the only thing that would decrease cost in the ACA.
FP Crazy is right about the money spent on the last 6 months of a persons life. I have countless stories of people having everything done for them even though the outcome would be the same. Unfortunately this is an area that no one in Congress will touch politically because they will be accused of being Kevorkian and doctors shy away because of fear of lawsuits and being accused of being a Kevorkian as well.

Last edited by cnacht on October 4, 2013 16:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse