Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 76 made on Friday October 4, 2013 at 12:38
BigPapa
October 2005
On October 4, 2013 at 10:09, cnacht said...
I am directly involved in health care and Mogul seems to understand many of the factors of why the ACA is not good for this country. No one is arguing that this system was not messed up in the first place, but the ACA will not fix what it was intended to fix. I would say the poor or worse yet the working poor will have just as hard of a time obtaining health care once this law goes into effect. People that have insurance that are happy with it will see costs go up higher than they were already inflated to support the newly insured.

Why is that?

He is also right that the private sector health care costs are inflated due to government programs, but I will concede that it is not the only factor.

How much does the cost increase due to government involvement? Are these costs necessary for the effective management and delivery of health care?

Are you going to imply that these costs are unnecessary and wasteful because government is inefficient, which is a key point made by Mogul?

Malpractice does increase the cost of Healthcare. Defensive medicine is a big part, but also passing cost to insurance companies and patients contribute. Some OB/GYN doctors pay 6 figures a year for malpractice. Try having that fixed cost on an annual basis and see what you have to do to prices. 

Yes, some OB/GYN's pay six figures. Many don't. OB/GYN's in only a few counties in some states pay that much. Many doctors pay 4 figures. It's easy to figure this out in the link I posted above with 10 minutes of reading. You're overstating the cost of medical malpractice insurance.

I think this country needs to decide what it wants.

It did.

Hosting Services by ipHouse