Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday October 3, 2013 at 10:43
rehaz1
December 2005
On October 3, 2013 at 08:08, TahoeGator said...
My 890 Pro died (would no longer communicate with the IR hubs) and rather than buy yet another one on eBay I took the plunge with the Harmony Ultimate. I must say, first impressions very positive. All of my 890 programming transferred right over! I was up and running in minutes.

In my 890 setup, I had two IR hub locations. One in the rack system in the closet and one in the viewing room, mainly so I never needed to bother pointing the remote at the TV -- which super fool proofs things for kids.

Question #1: Anyone know if the Harmony Ultimate will work with a 2nd hub? I am guessing not. I bought a "Harmony Smart Control" which comes with a hub ([Link: logitech.com] seemed a better purchase than the hub alone -- just $20 more and got another remote handheld). Said another way, can I have for example the DVR commands emitted from one Hub and the TV commands emitted from a different hub?

Question #2: So given I have the second handheld, the simple "Smart" version mentioned above, I'm wondering if I can have that handset remote communicate with the hub(s) of the Harmony Ultimate...said another way, can more than one Harmony use the same hub(s)?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Question 1, no, only one Hub per remote,

Question2, No, the Smart remote cannot communicate with the Ultimate Hub

Hosting Services by ipHouse