Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Wednesday October 2, 2013 at 11:58
Mogul
May 2010
On October 2, 2013 at 11:37, Richie Rich said...
Without interjecting partisanship into the equation.

Talk to me about efficient, well managed, cost effective government, well, anything.

Government couldn't run a deli at a break even, explain to me how they are going to manage the nation's health care.

Agreed (no surprise I'm sure). As noble and well-intentioned as Mac B's wishes for American health care may be, pinning those wishes on the US government will almost certainly lead to disappointment at best or utter calamity at worst.

Medicare and Medicaid are on-track to near-term bankruptcy NOW. There is an 850 THOUSAND person, 6-plus month backlog for veterans awaiting service through the VA NOW.

And lets not forget that this government oversaw one of the biggest electronic records debacles in human history when their efforts to collect data electronically for the 2010 census failed spectacularly a couple of weeks before kick-off at a cost of more than 3 Billion additional taxpayer dollars to [unexpectedly] process everything on paper again. For reference, the total cost of census collection in 2000 was $3 billion. 2010 census collection cost $14 billion.

And these guys are going to administrate LOWER cost and higher quality healthcare...?
"Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." [Sir Henry Royce]

Hosting Services by ipHouse