Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Wednesday October 2, 2013 at 10:56
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Everyone can already get healthcare with no insurance. Certain medical facilities are part of a group that will treat anyone with any problem regardless of whether they can pay for it or not. Several hospitals in my area are part of this group and are understandably much busier than the ones who are not. I agree with this practice. But I agree that the whole medical/insurance system is probably the most screwed up of all the systems.

The legal system is probably next. I local man hit a bicyclist while driving home from a bar in the middle of the night. They have not said he was intoxicated yet. The bicyclist died at the scene and was not found for 6-8 hours (he was in a construction zone and fell into a "hole". The guy drove home...and when he saw on the news that a guy died after a hit and run, he turned himself in and claimed he thought he hit something in that area, but had no idea it was a person. His charges? Fleeing the scene of an accident....maximum penalty: 5 years. Do you think he will do jail time? Come on.....now you can kill someone while driving drunk, and get away with "fleeing the scene"? Is that justice?

Rant over. I cannot get to the ocare page...too many visitors. I will choose whatever is cheapest for my family (no insurance at the moment), whether it is ocare, or other. It will all collapse on itself in several years anyway. :)
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse