Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Wednesday October 2, 2013 at 09:40
drewski300
January 2007
On October 2, 2013 at 08:23, FP Crazy said...
Whenever you have such a big pot of money, you're going to see a lot of big corporate straws sucking the life out of the country's health budget. From big pharma, to big insurance, to large shareholder run firms owning multiple hospitals with top heavy, bloated administrative layers containing out of whack salary budgets compared to their actual health worker ratios (nurses, interns, resident docs, orderlies, etc). The whole system is unsustainable and everyone knows this now but no one wants to do anything about it.

You are 100% correct in this assessment of our current system! It's F'd up! But to trade it for another F'd up system is the wrong move. I also agree it will result in lower pay for everyone in the industry. I just don't believe the doctors salary is the reason the current system doesn't work. As mentioned above, it's the big pharma, big insurance, and big legal (ambulance chasing lawyers) the play a huge role in the rates going through the roof. But to take an already poor running system and add government (federal/state) waste into that is just wrong. Believe it or not, I do see value in national health care. The health of everyone in the country is as important as education. The problem I have with it is how does someone who is a negative gain to society have the ability to have the same care as someone who works their asses off their entire lives and chooses to eat healthy and work out every day? Do a Google search of meth's impact on hospitals! Across the country there is a staggering amount of free care done at hospitals in the name of 1 drug. Were there is a system, there are a lot of people willing to cheat it and politicians willing to exploit it! God I hate people....
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse