The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday September 30, 2013 at 18:36
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
0) The counter was suggested so you can see which instance of the socket is the one with which you are working.

1) Quote: This line is executed very often (each time I scroll the wheel it seems).

Which line is executed very often, the check to seeif socket_bri == this or the actual set to null for socket_bri?

2) Did these lines execute - these were immediately before set to 'null'?

if (this.connected)
{
try{this.close()}catch(e){}
}

3) OnClose is not executed because you used HTTP1.1 instead of HTTP1.0 where the server will close the socket. Change HTTP1.1 to HTTP1.0 and see if they start closing. Note that this will still not resolve your issue as you are scrolling the wheel too much prior to when socket can connect, send the command, and clean up. Also note that you only get OnClose() notifications when the remote side closes the socket. Not when you close the socket. (That's why I suggested HTTP1.0 instead of HTTP1.1).

Try with HTTP1.0 and see if results are better. Note that this will still not fix your issue.

Please post the complete updated code that you are using, including the declaration of your variable socket_bri. This will allow me to see just how far you have gotten and will also serve to self-document what you have done.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse