The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 6, 2013 at 08:28
Midnightsun
Founding Member
April 2002
I have both a smart and ultimate at home which are the best thing since sliced bread. Now being you can now hide things in cabinets with the new design, I thought this would be the cats meow on my boat however a router or wifi is not available without tethering off of my phone which would be too much of a pain to be worth while. I could now hide both my bluray player and satellite box in a cabinet to make things more aesthetic and would free up some valuable space. I did try operating my units at home with my household internet connection offline and they still work so I assume wifi is only needed for initial setup/programming and then work flawlessly with no need for wifi after the fact? Is this correct?

Only issue is the hub needs to be plugged into 110v but they do have micro USB converters for 12v dc to 5v like this which should work on the hub. Correct? [Link: cgi.ebay.com]

To sum up, can the system operate normally without wifi and can it be powered from a 12vdc source using a converter as shown in the link above?

Hosting Services by ipHouse