The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 3, 2013 at 14:27
todd1010
Long Time Member
December 2002
I've had and still have numerous Harmony remotes. I still have a Harmony One, Harmony 900, and now I added a Harmony Ultimate.

My Harmony 900 touch screen doesn't work all the time, so I assume it has something to do with the accelerometer and it doesn't recognize I've picked it up. I've had this remote for just at 2 years and is currently out of warranty.

Now that I've just bought the Harmony Ultimate, do you feel the Harmony brand is not reliable for long time use? Maybe the older ones are better made like the Harmony 659, etc but I'm starting to decide whether I want to speak with my money and return the Ultimate based upon the reliability of my 900.

I find it hard to swallow I spent about $350 on the Harmony 900 2 years ago and I just spent $399 on the Harmony Ultimate. I'm within my return period for the Ultimate so I'd like to hear some input on the matter.

I spoke with Logitech Customer Support and they do not offer any kind of repair service, refurbished program or anything after your remote is 1 year old. I told them I would be willing to purchase a refurbished, discounted, pay for repair but they do not offer anything like this.

Disappointed!

Hosting Services by ipHouse