The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 88 made on Friday August 30, 2013 at 00:11
cgav
Select Member
September 2009
On August 29, 2013 at 21:08, JOE.GRIMS said...
|
|
|

If you are willing to "program" the remote yourself (which is not very difficult at all thanks to the boys showing me) then buying on Amazon or eBay is the smartest thing to do. All this talk about losing the manufacturer's warranty by buying online is silly and something I was educated on myself during the purchase of my remote. What do you stand to lose? Just a 1 year warranty which only covers a defect in manufacturing of the product.

Is that really worth paying an extra $200+ for? If someone thinks it is, go right ahead and buy it from your dealer.

Now that I know, I'd rather buy from eBay or Amazon where the same exact product is being sold without the ridiculous 80% marked up MSRP and buy a $50 warranty from SquareTrade.

SquareTrade will sell you a warranty for around $50 for your eBay purchase and will cover 3 years of spills, drops, and other accidents. If your unit breaks, they'll fix it within 5 business days or cut you a check for your original purchase price. Hard to believe right? I mean, I asked my kids to explain it and my one boy said 'greed'. He's a straight shooter :p

If your remote that you purchased from an authorized dealer breaks after 1 year, URC will tell you they'll be more than happy to sell you a new one, at a discount (which will still be more expensive than buying a new one online).

So as long as URC "accidentally" ends up selling remotes to online stores, consumers would be stupid not to buy from them.

|

Well, that doesn't seem very nice.

You coveniently skip over the part where you have to commit a crime to get the software. However you have to rationalize it is fine.

I'd rather not have to work for money. Why not just take it from the bank? They don't do anything for it?!

Hosting Services by ipHouse