The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday August 29, 2013 at 18:43
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On August 29, 2013 at 17:38, Michael8282 said...
I don't think the problem is exclusive to URC ... I am sure RTI and others also have to deal with these issues but it just seems that URC is more complacent about it. A guy I know who has worked with URC for at least 10 years in the business has said that these issues are nothing new and have constantly plagued URC's professional line.

My question to those of you who do quite a bit of URC business -- would having password protection on the software be something that would help you or not really make a difference?

A little disappointed that URC chose to ignore my email to them...not sure if they are just pretending the site does not exist or they just have no real recourse to it as someone else in this thread posted.

cgav, your point about choosing a product line that takes steps to prevent these kind of things from happening is dead on. I have really looked into selling URC because for the clients I deal with, it is something that I think would fit well with their setup but I am just trying to see if we can't get URC to also start taking steps to prevent these issues.

Thanks for listening.

Who are your clients? I have been selling URC for years without an issue. I believe maybe one person ever questioned my price, but he questioned every piece, without even having model numbers. My clients hire me to sell them a solution, not a product. In the end, they love the whole system. Yesterday I installed a basic MX780 along with an iPhone license/MRX1. Client LOVED the whole setup, and questioned why have they not replaced their harmony yet (something I've been trying to do for a while).

Point is, clients that price shop everything are not good clients. Not because they are cheap, but because these clients never see the value in you and what you do, only the bottom $$. Sell the solution and the product won't matter.

Last edited by goldenzrule on August 30, 2013 05:38.

Hosting Services by ipHouse