The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday August 28, 2013 at 13:16
Michael8282
Lurking Member
August 2013
On August 28, 2013 at 12:55, Lowhz said...
So what affiliation do you have with the website you have listed here? Are you the owner? I suggest this thread be closed and deleted.

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome. For the record I have absolutely zero affiliation with the site. This is why I did not link to the site as I do not want them to get any traffic.

If the moderator or admin wants to edit my post that is fine by me.

My issue, which you seem to be wanting to distract the discussion from, is that URC could be more pro-active about this kind of stuff. Now trying to get rid of this site or the numerous eBay listings that are popping up every day is just being reactionary and doesn't actually solve the issue at hand.

Why can't URC make two versions of software -- one that allows programming (dealer version) and one that only allows a customer to load a new programmed file onto their remote.

The dealer version would have a login/password required and the consumer one would be a free for all. Dealers would no longer have to roll the truck out every time a customer wants a small programming change made -- instead they could just program at their office and email the file to the client who could load it onto their remote. Obviously this wouldn't be a complete solution but it seems that it would go a long way in helping dealers, their customers, and also protecting the software from just being released out in the public.

Is adding a username and password to CCP really something that requires a ton of programming man hours?

My point in my original post was, and still is, that URC needs to be more pro-active about these issues instead of just trying to fix them afterwards.

Hosting Services by ipHouse