The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday August 28, 2013 at 12:12
OneRemote
Long Time Member
May 2013
There is probably very little they can do now that the cat is out of the bag. The site in question isn't even hosting the software, only linking to a different site. That second site (The Pirate Bay) is also technically not hosting the file but rather is providing information that a person can use with a separate program to connect to the places where the actual file is being shared.

Since Pirate Bay is hosted overseas (Sweden) and they don't accept American copyright laws there, they are not going to remove the link no matter what URC's legal team threatens them with.

The RIAA, MPAA, Microsoft, Apple and a bunch of other companies have tried to have their copyrighted material removed from the Pirate Bay and they have never removed a single item. If Microsoft can't get pirated copies of Windows removed, unfortunately URC is not going to get their software removed.

I don't agree with the way this works and I'm not a lawyer but it seems that the Internet is still a bit of a legal wild wild West.

I'm also not a URC dealer or a CI but not sure if you really are going to lose much business from this software being online. If someone is capable of buying the remote on eBay and programming it themselves, you probably don't want them as a customer anyways, right?

Last edited by OneRemote on August 28, 2013 12:41.

Hosting Services by ipHouse