The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday August 27, 2013 at 22:22
Michael8282
Lurking Member
August 2013
Been reading this site for a while and finally felt the need to sign up and post.

So it looks like URC's CCP software is being freely distributed at a site online (not linking because I don't want to send traffic to those jerks) and nothing has been done about this. I am not a URC dealer but I do work in the AV business and it is pretty disappointing to see that the company isn't doing more to prevent this from happening.

I have been interested in becoming a URC dealer soon but what's the point if anyone can buy a remote on eBay and get a free download included?!? Why should I even bother with going through the entire URC training and learning their line if I am never going to have a real opportunity to sell it??

I sent an email to URC also last week notifying them about this and received no response from them. Do they even care??

How do the rest of you URC guys deal with people just trying to price-match with eBay and the other sites online?

Sorry if this comes off as really negative, but the issue just upsets me. I don't understand why URC isn't more pro-active in stopping this crap.

EDIT: Removed the name of the site.

Last edited by Michael8282 on August 28, 2013 15:00.

Hosting Services by ipHouse