The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 79 made on Thursday August 22, 2013 at 00:19
cgav
Select Member
September 2009
I don't know any dealer who wouldn't give someone the software if they paid retail price. This always comes up because someone buys the remote on Amazon or eBay. The only big box store I know you can buy the remote from is Best Buy and there is a large yellow sticker on the front of the box with a warning about needing professional programming software.

I would gladly take a full retail URC sale including the software and I don't have to do any work? Absolutely. The problem is customers want to be cheap, buy it at cost, and then expect the software as well. Guess what, you have to pay to play. Buy a Harmony. It comes with the software. The retail price of the MX-890 is $499. Give your location and I'm sure there is a dealer who will gladly sell you the remote for that and give you the software. Crestron, RTI, Elan, Control4, and countless others have this same policy. Some shady grey market dealer isn't selling those on Amazon so there isn't near the amount of animosity.

I have nothing against DIY'ers, and I'm not sure any respectable company does. However, our focus is on revenues. DIY customers provide little to no revenue. They're not even a blip on my radar. My business is designed around solutions to people who can afford it and have no desire or time to do it themselves.

Hosting Services by ipHouse