The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 65 made on Monday August 19, 2013 at 15:39
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On August 19, 2013 at 15:33, Lyndel McGee said...
I suspect you can also reduce some more by aliasing the functions to a local variable:

var get = System.getGlobal;
var set = System.setGlobal;

Then call set('MyKey', 'MyValue') and get('MyKey') as you would normally.

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the suggestion. Just updated my prior post in fact as I realized after the optimization I no longer needed to specifically define the majority of the System Globals as I'm now dynamically defining all but two of them. That left only the System Globals "L0H" and "L1H", both of which are used while under one of my "DVD Juke (Index)" devices. Within the activity tag I'm calling out the highlight level, i.e. L0H-L3H. In the case with my "DVD Juke (Index)" devices there are two highlight levels potentially, "L0H" (...per highlighting a given letter to jump to) and "L1H" (...per highlighting a given BD/DVD cover image). So prior I was using "LNA" within the activity tag for my "DVD Juke (Index)" devices, "LNA" meaning the level highlight was not applicable as I was calling out both "L0H" and "L1H" as special cases within my ProntoScript instead. Instead I've now updated the activity tags for all of my "DVD Juke (Index)" devices to call out the highlight level, "L1H" leaving only "L0H" as the special case. As a result, I no longer need to specifically define the System Global for "L1H" either. More is less in this case. :-P Now to look into the possibility that you've suggested here as well Lyndel. Never grow tired of this stuff. Great way to fill down time here at home/work when I'm not on a support call or whatever.

Last edited by Lowpro on August 19, 2013 21:21.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse