Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday August 17, 2013 at 16:25
RTI Installer
March 2002
On August 17, 2013 at 09:42, ralliart329 said...
You should always put all of your systems within a home into the same project file! Their are many reasons but one big one is you might now have 10
Processors all with the same driver loaded on them all trying to poll the same piece of equipment for info. If they were all in one system file the driver is loaded on one XP and that then shares info with the other 9.

Also like other said static IP for all of these.

It wouldn't be hard to put all of these devices into the same project. Open a project and just import the devices in from all of the others.

I also then must ask if their is a reason for separate XP on each room of this house. A single centrally located XP would be much more cost efficient and the project would run more smoothly

You are asuming he has wiring in place for a centraly located XP device. In many cases it is far  less exspensive from a labor standpoint to use multiple XP processors, than to fish emitter, control or net work cabling to remote locations. Even if you are using WAP's and esc2's and pcm4's the cost of those parts and the trouble involved is greater than using multiple XP3's. That said, I personaly will use the hub and spoke aproach where ever possible, and esc2's and pcm4's at my remote locations when exisiting wire is in short supply, it is simply far simpler to manage and trouble shoot a single processor system.
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse