The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday August 12, 2013 at 13:07
diggityDawg
Lurking Member
June 2009
On July 20, 2013 at 22:05, King of typos said...
Or you could leave the "Viera Link" active on the Panasonic. Then on the Pioneer AVR go to HDMI Set-up and to Control Mode, set it to PQLS.

I only did it this way so that I could use the ARC for the plasma and AVR. Meaning I could watch Netflix using the app on the Plasma and listen to the audio through the AVR.

I've also been struggling with trying to get my Pioneer receiver to use the ARC function to play audio from my Panasonic plasma, but not turn on, then off when I power up the system. I've found that if I have Control set to ON, and Control Mode set to ON, ARC works beautifully, but my receiver turns off shortly after powering up the TV (obviously due to the Viera link signal). If I turn Control Mode to OFF, this doesn't happen, but ARC doesn't work entirely either (if I manually switch the input to TV on the receiver, I do get the audio from the HDMI out, but that's not a workable solution).

So, you're saying, if I leave Control Mode ON, and set PQLS to AUTO (it's AUTO or OFF), then my Panasonic won't turn off the receiver? I'm not sure why that would work, but I'm happy to try anything at this point...

Panasonic TC-P60ST60
Pioneer VSX-1123-K

Hosting Services by ipHouse