The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Friday August 2, 2013 at 22:32
gpaul_snapav
Snap AV
March 2011
On August 2, 2013 at 09:07, internetraver said...

I went through all the steps with your tech support and your guys determined this isues is not the firmware problem your product is having.  He also explained to me how "budget" drives won't have a great lifespan with all the read/writing that goes on in an NVR.  HIS suggestion was to put in better quality drives for maximum reliability!  I was as shocked to hear this from him as you probably are but I respect the honesty.

Hi Jason,

We tried reaching you several times today but were unable to make contact. I reviewed your recorded tech support call about the HDD failure and found the references to HDDs. Our tech support contact was answering your questions about adding additional HDDs to the NVR to expand storage and what HDDs we recommend. We do not use budget HDD drives nor was our tech support contact referring to our drives as being budget drives. There are three types of HDDs on the market 1.) consumer / retail for general PC use, 2.) AV grade typically found in DVRs / media servers and 3.) enterprise grade for high heat applications and longest lifespan (data centers). As noted above we use Western Digital AV grade drives. Our Quality Control team will be reviewing your returned unit to fully understand the issue.

We are embarrassed about our HDD error bug and I am sorry for the failure you had. The firmware to fix the bug is a top priority and will be resolved VERY soon. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to better support you. Hang in there with us!
G. Paul Hess
SnapAV Chief Product Officer
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse