The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Friday August 2, 2013 at 14:39
internetraver
Advanced Member
April 2003
Poor quality conrol has become an epidemic that the world, for some reason, accepts.  In our industy it's even more prevalent.  I for one am fed up with it. 

New cars having recalls is commonplace, phones/portable electronics locking up and needing resets happens everyday. New fridge has a part go bad in the first 6 months, TV's have bad boards that need replacing within weeks, and on and on and on and on.  This is what he world has come to accept with the products we spend our hard earned money on, and it's sad.  Until the world starts to hold these manufactures (not just snap, all of them) responsible, they have no reason to change how they do things. 

Reliability has become the most important aspect of the systems we design now, and we've gotten them to become near 100% reliable with the products we chose to use.  Many of those product I've personally learned about in public or private forums because people were having great reviews of them (Mikrotik, for example), but I also believe in the negative reviews as well.  If 10 people are saying this product sucks, more than likely I'm not going to waste my valuable time looking into it. 

Hosting Services by ipHouse