The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday August 2, 2013 at 12:01
Mr. Brad
Advanced Member
April 2008
I agree that going public before working with the manufacturer is not very productive. (Also hard to believe that someone would be a S*AP dealer and not already be a member here.) However, if the manufacturer has a lot of issues and is not resolving them with the dealers, then I want to know!

I trust and value the opinions of the actual dealers and their product and support experiences. If you have a problem that doesn't get resolved after working with the manufacturer, please go public and save me the aggravation.

On a similar topic, IP cameras and NVRs are pretty complicated systems. I'm not sure I would ever consider selling a new brand before the dust settles and I have had an opportunity to test them in our shop or my own home.

I told the AXIS rep that his cameras were more expensive than our normal brand. Without blinking, he said, "Yes, but how often do you have to go back?".

Another wise man told me that if I sold enough $5k CCTV systems, without support contracts, I could surely put myself out of business! It took a year or so to understand his logic.

Party on!

Hosting Services by ipHouse