The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday August 2, 2013 at 09:07
internetraver
Advanced Member
April 2003
On August 2, 2013 at 08:27, iform said...
So... you blame Snap for a hard drive failure that they don't even make?

That's like blaming Ford if your tire gets a flat. Ford doesn't make tires.

Um, that's not even close to the same thing.  I didn't run over a nail with my NVR!

Did they make the motherboard? Did they build the capicitors and resistors??  Of course not but they do choose which parts to use for their product.  When you attempt to build things "cheaper", quality get sacrificed.

Alex,

I went through all the steps with your tech support and your guys determined this isues is not the firmware problem your product is having.  He also explained to me how "budget" drives won't have a great lifespan with all the read/writing that goes on in an NVR.  HIS suggestion was to put in better quality drives for maximum reliability!  I was as shocked to hear this from him as you probably are but I respect the honesty.

I've been hearing for a while about this new firmware.  It it going to fix the issue of the NVR stream quality when switching form thumbnail to full size?  He couldn't answer that for me.

I have no interest or time to be involved in the beta program.  I've wasted far too much time on this 1 NVR experiment. 

The blunt truth to how it works Alex. Integrators see you have a new competitive priced product that just came out and they decided to give it a try.  When that attempt has as many failures/issues as it does, we move back to the product we're currently using (cause they works), and it's doubtful we will give yours another try anytime soon. 

As far as the cameras, I didn't mind them for the price.  As long as your not using the NVR, The streams look pretty good and can be fed right into control systems without a hiccup.

Hosting Services by ipHouse