The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday August 2, 2013 at 08:37
alex_snapav
Lurking Member
September 2012
On August 2, 2013 at 05:49, LANCEMCGREW said...
We have been attempting to use one of your WPS-750-BUL-IP cameras however recording playback with .avi file format does not work with Windows 8 Media Player. The web interface for your camera is also less than desirable in the area of event management. Controlling the effective masks are not intuitive. They cannot be changed without deleting and creating new. Playback of .avi files have insufficient resolution to be of any use. All in all, I would not recommend your product do to these limitations. Is there a better 3rd party solution to control the Wirepath IP cameras?

LANCEMCGREW,

Windows Media Player has trouble streaming .AVI files. If you right click on the link and click on "save as", you can play the file on the Media player once saved.

We are working hard to improve the user interface for a better user experience. You should expect to see firmware updates with improvements over time.

The resolution and quality of the .avi files is whatever stream 1 is configured to. By default, this is 1920x1080. Please check your configure.

I'd love the opportunity to discuss your feedback over the phone. Please reach out to me.

On August 2, 2013 at 07:51, internetraver said...
Hard drive went out after 3 months. 

internetraver,

We use AV grade hard drives from Western Digital. These drives are built to perform 24/7 with a mean time to failure significantly longer that what you would expect from a PC drive for example. Even with that, hard drives are mechanical devices that will have a failure on occasion.

However, your hard drive failure may not have been a true failure. There is a known issue with our firmware that is causing some customers to receive false-positive HDD errors. Our software attempts to analyse debug information in the drives to anticipate future HDD failures. But, it's currently too sensitive and can report errors erroneously. We are in the process of testing new firmware that will address this issue along with other improvements.

If you'd like to be involved in testing these improvements, please reach out to me and you can participate in the beta program beginning shortly.

Last edited by alex_snapav on August 2, 2013 08:46.
Alex Patrao
Snap AV - Category Manager
Surveillance [email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse