The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 60 made on Tuesday July 30, 2013 at 01:06
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
Finding it hard to contain my excitement at present, so I thought I'd post a little something. Just completed a major rebuild of my "DVD Juke" activity which as a result has taken me from a month ago having less than 1% memory free in the remote to now having 15% memory free. Best of all, I managed to get that 15% memory back without hacking a single thing out of my file per what is seen on the remote as a end result through the use of ProntoScript, creative device/page/button tagging, centralizing a large portion of the code for the activity using the eval() function, and use of the System page for displaying all common page elements across the entire activity which spans a total of 265 devices or so. In the process I've also now made it simple stupid to update the activity as I add new DVD's and Blu-ray's to my collection which is literally as simple as labeling the new DVD cover image button with the changer and slot number said disc resides in, then updating the ProntoScript for said button through the rest of the particular letter it's under, that process of which I've completely automated using EventGhost. Time permitting this week I'll be posting a detailed look at the updates I've made in addition to making my updated XCF available for download for those that want to take a look firsthand and/or use the activity with their own Sony BD/DVD changers. Stayed tuned. More to come. :-)

Last edited by Lowpro on August 17, 2013 15:41.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse