The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday June 12, 2013 at 10:09
NEZBO
Select Member
September 2009
On June 12, 2013 at 07:03, davet2020 said...
Have you considered a trail cam? They run off batteries, up to one year, and have a 32 GB SD card storage. PIR activation and IR illumination at night. Hunters put these out in woods to see if deer or game use the trails. After a while the hunter will come by and pull the SD card and check the pictures that the camera has taken.

We did an install for a HOA with one that wanted to get pictures of cars coming and going in the neighborhood. No power and Internet there also.

[Link: walmart.com]

Sorry, re-read your op and you state that you currently have a standard DVR installed.

Just to be clear. There is not a dvr or any cameras installed currently. I also recommended the game trail camera option. the issue is if not installed correctly, the theif can easily steal these cameras. I have over 30 game cameras in which i use for a hunting property that I lease. I have had dozens of cameras stolen. It takes a bear proof locking case to try to keep thieves from messing with these. I recommended to the customer that he use the bear cages and lock boxes and weld these cameras to a metal pole in the ground.

After our meeting it looks like we will be installing a solar powered dvr system for now.

Thanks for the thoughts
Better days are ahead
onesourceinnovation.com
Better days are ahead

Hosting Services by ipHouse