The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 62 made on Tuesday June 11, 2013 at 20:22
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
On June 11, 2013 at 19:58, BigWood said...
|
You ever been to one of those snake/serpant church services

No.  Those are Pentecostals.  

I actually mis-spoke previously.  My PaPaw wasn't a Freewill Baptist Minister. He was an Old Regular Baptist.    

Yes, there's a difference.  

No singing.
No musical instruments.
No haircuts for the ladies.  

But you get "foot washin's"   and best of all  NO SNAKES.

I know exactly what you mean/meant about Ky.  It's a great place.  If you're from there.  If you're not, you could live there 100 years and they'd say, well we've been here since FDR.  Probably call you a Yankee too. LOL. 

Fortunately, I benefit from it.  Where my granparents lived, it's such a small place stuck in the hills, there were really only 3 different families there for a very long time.  I'm a product of the merging of 2 of those families.  So when I go down home, I can say my last name and they'll treat me like a long lost relative.  Because in reality, I probably am.

I know the jokes are coming but it's reality, my granparents were 2nd cousins.  But when you think about it, in the early 1900's, you're stuck in the hills of Ky. Who else are you supposed to marry?  It's not like you're gonna walk your lilly white ass out of those hills. 

I can turn on a respecatble Ky accent so fast that you'd think I just walked out of those hills.

Since that's where my family is from, I find it all terribly interesting.  

Hosting Services by ipHouse