Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Tuesday June 11, 2013 at 05:57
drewski300
January 2007
On June 10, 2013 at 23:18, chrishudson147 said...
Am I the only one thinking about how much of a pain in the ass it is going to be when all of our customers start asking for iRadio to be integrated in their systems? Considering we all know Apple is going to keep it locked down with no two way feed back and not built into anything but Apple devices. I am a big Apple fan, but as an integrator, I really hope this iRadio doesn't catch on.

I guess that was my initial reaction as well! But we currently use doc's which take metadata from our phones (well until lighting....) and we are able to see Apple's "genres radio stations" now so I do hold out hope. One of my bigger concerns with the automation industry is what's stopping Apple from getting into a more integrated platform. I think it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a doable "consumer" automation platform that will communicate much like HDMI CEC. At that point we will truly have to be a labor only model....

It still looks pretty interesting! Droid has been able to evolve quicker because it's open platform so Apple taking parts and pieces from what works was bound to happen. I'm definitely excited for the change! The current iOS has been getting a little long in the tooth so a change it welcomed.
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse