Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday May 29, 2013 at 17:12
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On May 29, 2013 at 01:53, 3FG said...
All of the TA-4A amplifier signals, including input selection are on device 92.

Cool. I checked the RTI and URC device collections, and there's no TA-4A. Oddly, there's a CD Player, the TA-4. I definitely have a receiver. And there's a receiver listed as the TA-2A, which I will give a spin.

However, to your general thought,  multiple device numbers aren't very weird. Sony, Pioneer, and Panasonic do it commonly.

On one device? That's what I thought you were implying and I still think that's weird. But hey, they can program PROMS, so they don't have to simply have a lookup table based on one device.

Oh, wait: if the remote has codes for several devices, i.e. pushing CD on the receiver remote switches the receiver input to CD, then transport buttons on the remote work a CD Player, that makes sense. I thought you were saying that multiple device codes might be needed to accomplish all the functions in one device, say, the receiver.  Switch receiver to CD input using a CD input command from Device 92, switch to Tuner using a command from Device 145 (made that up), for instance.  Weird if that happens.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse