The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday May 21, 2013 at 12:37
Envirogreen
Lurking Member
May 2013
I am currently using the Roomie Remote on my iPad/iphone, however, with both my Oppo 103, and Samsung F8500 TV Roomie can't turn on/off, and the only options to control this are with an IR blaster (which I have, but was expecting better IP support).

Anyway, to make a long'ish story short'er I am looking for one remote that truly controls all the functionality of all my A/V equipment (either via IP or IR, so that all equipment can be behind a door).

A couple of questions:

1. Are there alternatives to Roomie that do have full IP support of the Samsun TV and Oppo Blu-Ray (would be great if it also included IP support for the Apple TV)?

Does the answer change if using an iPad or an Android tablet?

2. Are there good traditional universal remotes that would cover all functionality on the different a/v equipment (see signature). Would prefer not to use an IR blaster for those pieces that are connected to the internet.

I've used the Harmony remotes in the past but that these inevitable get dropped and break and that the software is also quite inflexible.

3. As with Roomie would be great if the alternative includes control for Insteon/ISY light control

Hosting Services by ipHouse