Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 64 made on Saturday May 18, 2013 at 10:54
BigPapa
October 2005
On May 18, 2013 at 05:08, custominstallpro said...
Fortress has protected my company numerous times when interior designers or trunkslammers have tried to buy the product I specified with the client. I think most dealers would appreciate that loyalty. I applaud it. Since Fortress is very customizable the quotes become very custom once your client picks arm style, back style, stitching, fabric, arm width, seat width, curved array, seat qty, on and on. It is a lot of back and forth to spec a proper seating array. whoever said "3 beige chairs" obviously does not sell a lot of home theater seating. it's never that simple. Anyhow, with all of these variables it is very easy for fortress to see a quote request that looks fishy. Had terrmul actually put in any work on creating his own spec, he would have gotten away with opening up a dealer account for his one time sale and would have gotten his 40k worth of chairs. Terrmul, by not educating the client or designer on your range of services,you blew the sale. Don't take it out on Fortress.

Termul didn't blow a sale, Fortress blew an opportunity to make a new relationship with a credible dealer in a very large market. The ID made the mistake, and Fortress, in their wisdom and experience base, didn't handle it well. I'm sure they've been in this position before.

Either way, I know it isn't that simple to spec chairs. Which makes it even weirder that the existing dealer would drop the price after doing all that work.

You're not doing Fortress much favors, wasting all your free time wearing your Big Boy Pants on this forum.

Hosting Services by ipHouse