Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 62 made on Saturday May 18, 2013 at 10:42
BigPapa
October 2005
The BS is getting more nuanced so lets all put on our Big Boy Pants. Let's get back to the crux of the issue:

We contacted Fortress for a quote. The Fortress sales person then, once he hung up with me, called the competitor, tipped them off to our request for quote and the competitor has since lowered their price.

I called Fortress back and made it very clear that I thought their actions were unethical. They are unapologetic about their action but apologetic that I should feel upset.

- The ID is the one who got the quote from the Fortress dealer then shared with the potential new dealer and long term client CI, Termul.

- Termul calls to become a dealer and get a quote on the configuration that the ID selected off a website, with further revisions on configuration and leather color. I'm sorry the original dealer went through 'several revisions,' probably nothing compared to what Termul has gone through with his existing client.

- Fortress calls existing dealer to let them know what's going on and ask approval of existing dealer to allow new dealer, existing dealer says no.

- Existing Fortress dealer responds by lowering the price.

I find it pretty weird that Fortress would call the original dealer first before doing the legwork to ascertain whether Termul was a trunk slammer or not, then on top of that asks the existing dealer if it's OK if Termul becomes a dealer.

This is in the greater Los Angeles market so I'm somewhat incredulous that Fortress would be so 'protective' of their existing dealer before considering that Termul might be a good dealer to sign up with an win over in loyalty.

Then there's the price dropping issue. I wonder where Fortress stands on somebody dropping their Big Boy Pants by wheeling and dealing on cost.

Despite the assertions of dealer loyalty it seems the wise choice would have been to call Termul back first before the existing dealer. You're not seeing the forest for the trees: the client may want to work with Termul, and Termul might be a potential loyal dealer for Fortress.

Now, I guess not.

Hosting Services by ipHouse