The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday May 16, 2013 at 17:55
Terrmul
Advanced Member
April 2005
I have always tried to run an ethical business and have thought that our industry as a whole is pretty well-intentioned. Today for the first time, however, I came across what I feel is highly unethical. I'd like some feedback and suggestions as to recourse if appropriate. I am so angry right now that I am not thinking clearly.

We are the integrator on the early stages of a job of a 7-year client of ours who is moving in to a new home.

He has asked an interior designer to design the theater room and in her capacity she sought a quote from a competitor of ours for seating not realizing we sell theater seating. She was shocked at the pricing and checked in with us, we let her know that as the integrator we could also provide chairs.

She had chosen a particular model from the Fortress Seating company website and said she would like those in a particular arrangement. She did not share the competitors quote.

We contacted Fortress for a quote. The Fortress sales person then, once he hung up with me, called the competitor, tipped them off to our request for quote and the competitor has since lowered their price.

I called Fortress back and made it very clear that I thought their actions were unethical. They are unapologetic about their action but apologetic that I should feel upset.

Not sure if I am over-reacting but this is $40K+ of seating, so I'm pretty pissed off.
www.beyondhometheater.com
[Link: facebook.com] [Link: twitter.com]
Performance Technology For Your Home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse