The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday April 17, 2013 at 10:33
Pi Masta
Lurking Member
April 2013
On August 19, 2008 at 10:33, marmoset22 said...
The instructions for code retrieval are missing a step. I've inserted it here as step 2A.
In order to retrieve the stored codes:

1. Press and hold CODE SEARCH button for 3 seconds until the LED stays on.
2. Press the device button. (eg TV, VCR etc.)
2A. Press and release the CODE SEARCH button, LED blinks off and back on.
3 Press each of the number buttons until the LED blinks off and back on once. This indicates the first number of the stored code.
4. Repeat step 3 for the second and third numbers of the code.
5. Once the third number has been found the LED will turn off.

THANK YOU! This been driving me nuts that the instructions are wrong. Without that extra step it is the same as entering a code. Getting the code is very useful if the correct code for your brand is not on their list and you have to do a scan.

While you can scan once and be done, you don't have the code to easily re-enter for when you have to replace the batteries (or the remote loses the code somehow) and you're stuck scanning through the codes (90 or so presses in my case). Even worse the Magnavox DVD player I was using it for takes a few seconds to actually turn off, so it receives the signal but you have usually already pressed power to cycle to the next code at least once by the time it shuts off. You have then passed the correct code and you will have to start again and be more careful aka press slower (so another 90 presses in my case).

On a different note, the remote works perfectly for the DVD player, turning it off, playing, pausing, fast forward, rewind, arrow navigation. EXCEPT it can't turn it ON, yes it turns it off, but not on.... not sure as to why unless the code for turning on is different than off which makes no sense. More likely the DVD player is glitched and/or needs a requires a stronger signal to turn on than this remote outputs.

Once again thanks a lot for posting the correct instructions on code retrieval for the jumbo remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse