The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday April 12, 2013 at 16:16
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On April 12, 2013 at 00:14, FrogAV said...
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Fisker here?

I know 4 people who have Teslas and they are downright evangelical about how great they are.

If you are referring to the New York Times review, while they didn't retract it, the editor admitted there were problems and errors in judgment in the reviewer's usage: [Link: theblaze.com]

What are you referring to when you talk about not fixing problems? All I have see is that Elon Musk (company owner) has said that they know they need to do better in customer service, and they are striving for that.

As to Musk be a dbag, no opinion on that, other than it kind of feels like a Steve Jobs "I know better than everyone else" type of thing. And for all his genius, yes, Steve Jobs was a crazy person.

No, Fisker is another government subsidized train wreck.

I have a relative that is a huge car guy, and a certified Audio/VW technician. He has been fascinated on Tesla and is always sending me another article or review. Based on those articles Tesla has been plagued with the issues from the start. The Times review isnt the only bad review the cars have received. Top Gear BBC did an episode on the cars and they couldnt keep two cars running long enough to film an episode. And Musk's counter is to always sue the reviewer.

The battery issue stems from the problem that if you run a lithium battery completely dead, apparently they cant be recharged. Thats why most batteries or the object they are powering have some sort of power management system to shut down everything when the battery gets to a certain point. Several sites online indicate that Tesla didnt include any kind of system, and batteries were bricking. They also refused to cover them under warranty. Their solution was to add a component to the cars that when the battery reaches a certain level, the car contacts tesla. But Tesla didnt tell people originally about this fix, so there are privacy issues.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse