Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday April 11, 2013 at 12:12
spinmd
Lurking Member
March 2011
Hi Tmontgomery,

Yes, I'm still experiencing the 'no more space available on hard drives' with some VS100s/VS200s & VC1s. On the VC1s I just replace the 1GB SSD and it seems to resolve it. However, I'm clueless with the 100/200 models that show this problem

Any help would be great. I would like to learn to do it myself and not send them in for repair if possible.

I also have found these other issues:

- VX600s only allow one Genre for a movie or album.
- Video playback from VS100/VS200 internal hard drives will stutter occasionally. Doesn't stutter when serving from the VX600, though. Escient says that if you leave the unit powered on, connected to a UPS, this happens less or doesn't happen at all; could be the hard drives; could be the IDE cable; they weren't sure.

Escient tech tells me to forget about these two issues as there will be no fix for them. They also tell me that some savvy techs are writing their own code to solve these problems and they've heard the units perform much better with updated, non-Escient software. Was told to search the Web for it -- searched for hours and had no luck finding any available modified software for the Visions. :(

I'd be willing to pay for a solution that I can implement myself... I'd also be interested if anyone has written an Android app for these.

My e-mail is ron 'at' mchsi 'dot' com if you'd rather direct e-mail.

Thanks,

Ron

Last edited by spinmd on April 11, 2013 14:48.

Hosting Services by ipHouse