The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday April 10, 2013 at 19:06
colin.p
Long Time Member
December 2004
I bought a 650 last June and set it up. It worked and I never hooked it to the computer until my DVD player borked and I hooked up another one. I tried myharmonydotcom, but when I was asked to update silverlight, I upgraded to Silverlight 5.5.0. I tried to update in Vista, but it would have trouble communicating with the remote.

I then tried another computer running XP and got a little farther but still it would not update. I even tried the 7.7 software, with a new registration (can't believe it's the same version from when I had my 659 in 2005) but again it would not update.

I tried again a couple days ago and I was finally able to add the new device and update the activity. Now today, (not being able to leave well enough alone) I tried to add another activity and started to have the same update issue. As a matter of fact, it got partially through the update, then lost communication and now I have a remote with a blue screen and telling me to go to the website to update, but it will now not even acknowledge the remote being connected at all.

So in recap, I have tried 2 different computers, 2 different win OS's, 2 different browsers, and 2 different programs, the website myharmonydotcom and the 7.7 software. I have fired an email off to Logitech as the remote is still under warranty.

Does it sound like trying, several times, to update the remote and now getting nothing but a blue screen, sound like the remote is screwed?

Hosting Services by ipHouse