The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday April 7, 2013 at 09:01
sprungmonkey
Long Time Member
July 2012
Hello 3FG evedentalley the 1972 code has allready mapped the keys for WMC except for the green key open WMC.

I would like the PC to start at the desktop (it currently starts at WMC) then use the square green button as a start WMC then another to close WMC.

if the code 1972 only allows for a PC to start at WMC then I guess a close WMC buttom would be OK.

I also want to create a marco to watch TV and to watch PC.

Programming a Macro Key:
1.On the remote control, press and hold the Setup key until it blinks twice.
2.Enter 9 9 5. The Setup key blinks twice.
3.Select a macro key and press it once.
4.Press the key sequence you want to program into the macro. For example, to turn on your TV and raise the volume, press the TV mode key once, followed by pressing the Vol+ key once. You can program up to 15 key presses into once macro.
5.Press and hold Setup until it blinks twice.
6.To add another macro, repeat steps 1 through 5, substituting the new key sequence to be added in step 4. Programming more than five macros on the same macro key overwrites previous settings.

Clearing a Macro Key:
3.Press once on the macro key you want to clear.
4.Press and hold Setup until the active mode key blinks twice.

This macro key is now clear and ready for reprogramming. If desired, repeat these to clear another macro key.

here's my current manuel 8 step procedure for watch PC

1.press mode AVR
2.power on w/ live button
3.set to HDMI 3 (which I have a button programed on the RCA for)
4.mode TV
5.power on TV
6.mode PC
7.power on PC
is this how I create a macro for watch PC?
OK nevermind (wrote this here to document for others) I just built my first Macro turns on w/ the press of the macro1 button however when I'm ready to turn off and press macro1 the Yamaha AVR stays on (due to using the live button to turn it on and the power button to turn off).Think I can live w/ that.

macro2 watch TV

3.Select a macro key and press it once.
4.Press the key sequence you want to program into the macro. For example, to turn on your TV and raise the volume, press the TV mode key once, followed by pressing the Vol+ key once. You can program up to 15 key presses into once macro.
5.Press and hold Setup until it blinks twice.
6.To add another macro, repeat steps 1 through 5, substituting the new key sequence to be added in step 4. Programming more than five macros on the same macro key overwrites previous settings.

1.press mode AVR
2.power on w/ live button
3.set to AV1 button #4 (which I have a button programed on the RCA for)
4.mode TV
5.power on TV

Macro 1& 2 completed.

two remaining issuses
volume & open/close WMC

I would also like to not have to constantly go from TV,PC mode to AVR mode just to control volume would like to be able to control volume from any mode so following procedure you wrote in is this procedure done 4 times for each device(mode) like AVR,DVD,PC &DVR ?

edit: the current watch PC (WMC) volume is just the WMC ratio of the AVRs setting I want to be able to adjust volume from the AVR.

Volume Punch Thru 993-- lock all devices to one VPT device.
1. PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
2. PRESS 9 - 9 - 3. Two blinks.
3. PRESS Vol+
4. PRESS the VPT device button. Two blinks of the selected device.

one more macro ? is step 3.Select a macro key and press it once. can this be any button besides the lighted an setup? if yes how do I know the # of macros allowed?
Thanks

Last edited by sprungmonkey on April 7, 2013 12:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse