Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday April 4, 2013 at 13:48
Total Control Remotes
July 2006
I never go into a training anymore optimistic I am going to learn anything I can truly take with me, especially if it's a product I sell or am familiar with. More often than not, I feel like these "trainings" are less about the nits and grits on programming, and more of a sales pitch designed to keep your attention toward a product/company or steer you away from another one, or as a way to line people up at a distributor's desk to buy product afterwards. I think these companies are catching on as well; raffles, product offerings, super discounts and other enticements are usually advertised. I often leave there feeling almost betrayed and think about the missed opportunity or what I could have accomplished that day instead. I still feel that polished, edited and perfected pre-recorded training modules and a good old fashioned manual are the best way to learn if you really want to learn anything worthwhile.

But then, I realize it's also about making relationships, a way for them to meet the people who are selling and representing their product and gaining perspective on dealer needs, trends and wish lists. Otherwise, I prefer these trainings the way I prefer my basketball games - just catching the last ten minutes and hopefully getting a question or two answered.

Hosting Services by ipHouse