The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 58 made on Monday March 11, 2013 at 14:28
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
EventGhost to the rescue! Thanks to EventGhost I was able to automate the process of updating the ProntoScript on a letters worth of DVD cover image buttons after jogging so many down to make room for a new cover image and at the same time reducing the size of my XCF. Prior I was using some slight of hand so that each cover image button only had to include a ProntoScript name. The actual ProntoScript for each button was located on invisible buttons positioned on top of the frame overlay, the invisible buttons, frame overlay and highlight panel all grouped together. This allowed for moving that group to the back for each of the DVD cover image pages in question, jogging however many cover images down for that letter to make room for a new cover, then only having to update the ProntoScript name for each of the cover image buttons I had jogged down, so that each reflect the current position on the page, i.e. 1-8 prior to then moving the frame overlay group back to the top on each page. As I also wasn't jogging down the invisible buttons on each page that ProntoScript never needed updating. This made the process of adding a new cover image far less time consuming and tedious to say the least.

Well thanks to EventGhost I've automated the process involved in updating the ProntoScript for any number of DVD cover image buttons, up to 20 pages worth (160 buttons) when viewed 5 per row at 50% zoom using a desktop of 1920x1200. This has now made it feasible to get rid of the invisible buttons for each page and instead include the needed ProntoScript on the actual cover image buttons themselves. Once moving the frame overlay group to the back for each of the pages in question (which now no longer contain those invisible buttons) I then just select the first page, position my mouse over the center of the first cover image button on the page, then trigger EventGhost to update the ProntoScript for me. At a rate of one cover image button a second EventGhost performs a double click which by default highlights the content within the "ProntoScript Name" field of the properties windows (PEP v1), it then types the ProntoScript name, invokes the tab key which bumps down to the "ProntoScript" field highlighting any ProntoScript already present there, it then types the needed ProntoScript after which the mouse moves centering itself over the next cover image button on the page, rinse and repeat. I created separate EventGhost files for updating 1-20 pages total and here is the kicker, not only have I automated this part of the process now which saves me time, but I've also as a result reduced the size of my XCF which gets downloaded to the remote as I no longer have those invisible buttons on each of my DVD cover image pages. All those invisible buttons were greatly increasing the size of the XML file. I went from having only 3% memory free in the remote to 6% memory free. Gotta love it!

Last edited by Lowpro on March 11, 2013 15:37.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse