The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 8, 2013 at 03:02
tinsnow
Long Time Member
February 2013
I have a MRF-260 Base station (No stock IR Emitters. Purchased a Used one).

My projector is about 10 feet from my base station and I am having tough time controlling it via IR emitter. I used three different IR emitters.
1) Purchased an single IR emitter in Frys for $3
2) Took the Old Logitech Base station IR
3) Took out the Google TV stock IR

I aimed at the projector from all of the three and noticed that Google TV stock IR is very good, the logitech IR was better, the $3 IR emitter from frys was bad and I had to go very near to the device to make it work.

Here are my questions.

1) The Front Blaster of the MRF-260 does not control all my devices in the Cabinet. My old RF Basestation from logitech was doing much better. Is the Front Blaster not good in MRF-260. If yes, is the MRF-350 front blaster better?

2) Any suggestion of a very powerful front IR emitter where I can use it far from the projector

3) How do professional installers work on projectors? Take an IR emitter to the projector? I keep one pointed at it from far away

4) Why the heck is URC not releasing a basestation which sends crazy IR signals all around like the logitech one? I have to keep using many emitters because of this and keep them pointed to the device which it is seeing. (Point 1 emitter to projector, point one emitter to the screen, keep rest of them near the devices.)

Hosting Services by ipHouse