The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday February 27, 2013 at 23:30
MattBrotzge
Long Time Member
June 2007
I'm sorry but the WR7 is not even a Lada, its more like a tricycle or big wheel. Sure it will get you where you want to go, but who the hell wants to drive around in a big wheel (unless your a first grader).

That remote might be ok for a system with a TV, Blu-Ray, and cable box. Add a a few sources, a surround receiver, or a multizone system, and that remote basically becomes a royal pain in the ass.

A 890 might not be cheap, but in my opinion the most important part of any system is the remote. If you spend thousands of dollars on a system and its not easy to use what's the point of spending all that money?

You would also end up spending a lot more time trying to program the less expensive remote. And it would do about 50% or less of what a properly programmed 890 would do and I guarantee it won't be nearly as reliable.

Also ask yourself these two questions. One, is there anyone else in your house using your system? Do you want your wife or kids calling you because they can't figure out how to use the system. Two, what if you want to access some of the features on a piece of equipment. Like a Netflix button on the Blu-ray or surround modes on your Denon, etc... Where are you gonna put those on the WR7? Not to mention the tons of other features I didn't even mention.
Matt Brotzge

Hosting Services by ipHouse