The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday February 27, 2013 at 17:21
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On February 27, 2013 at 11:36, igleaner said...
I am looking to buy an MX-890 remote with an MSRP price of $500.

How do you justify the price which is nearly equal to that of my Denon AV receiver?

It's not that I can't afford it, but why is it so expensive, surpassing the cost of most of my components which all come with remotes of their own, most of which are made by URC?

I notice that URC makes a consumer model, the WR7, which sells for about $25 and gets rave reviews on Amazon. How then is the price difference justified? The cost difference is just unbelieveable.

URC pro level remotes are control system solutions and should not really think of it as "just a remote". It can do so much more. The MX890 can fully automate your system with one touch control through the use of macros. URC has an extensive database of codes to help with the ease of programming. It has a color screen with 6 customizable button locations, can load custom graphics. It works on both IR and RF with the use of an added base station. Range on URC's RF is fairly good, so you can take your remote outside for instance, to control the zone2 off of an AVR to your outdoor speakers. It also has a rechargeable battery which lasts on average 4 or 5 days before a charge is required, at which point it sits on a charging dock. All buttons on the remote are customizable, you can can program it however you want. It also can execute complex variables to track the state of equipment, as well as achieve clever programming tricks. They can control URC Lighting by Lutron with no other equipment required so you can automate the lighting in your system as well.

The WR7 can control a TV.

Hosting Services by ipHouse