Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday February 26, 2013 at 11:11
FP Crazy
June 2003
I'm unsure of what type of pop up plates will be used. I know they have already picked the table and I'll bet the table provider already has specific pop up plates (the last few conference room jobs I did already had the plates specified and I just specified the connections on the plates). I hope to clarify this within the next few days.

The phone contractor is providing the video conference solution, although if I knew more about V.C. I could try to provide that. But since I've no knowledge of V.C. I feel inadequate trying to muscle in on that. How many of you guys also provide V.S. solutions in most of your conference rooms?

I haven't provided DVI (in a long time) or display port (ever) in a conference room and it has never been an issue. An AppleTV with Airplay seems like an easy substitute for a display port connection. If they can't figure out how to use Airplay on their Mac Book, then they can Google how to do it and be up and presenting in a matter of minutes.

I'm leaning on just doing VGA (converted to hdmi) and straight hdmi on the conference table.

My issue now is I don't want to chew up too many inputs on my matrix (audio will be an Elan S86 or 1616) and video will be Atlona HDBT matrix. Plus there will be other source choices on the matrices: Vid Conf, cable Box, audio streamer, AppleTV, White noise generator (maybe), etc...

I'd like to limit the matrix to 8 sources, but I also have another conference table in another smaller room with one pop up (which is yet another source)
Chasing Ernie's post count, one useless post at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse