The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Saturday February 2, 2013 at 11:28
dave1020
Lurking Member
January 2013
On January 31, 2013 at 09:44, dave1020 said...
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping someone has an idea on how to solve my issue. My problem is with my computer seeing the Denon on the network. i can go to the unit's web page from the computer, ping it and everything Internet wise on the Denon (Internet radio, seeing my directv DVR, etc.) works perfect. my daughters computer can see it, play itunes to it and WMP, no problem.

When i first set it up, all was great. all computers could send itunes via airplay, didn't matter if it was PC or Apple.

i thought about doing the micro reboot, but with all other machines seeing it, figured it was just the one computer (of course, my computer!).

i have been able to add it a few times to the system, it downloads the drivers, and all works great. but shortly after, the drivers listed disappeared, the logo disappears and the icon became generic and "ghosted". trying to fix, i found any traces of the previous load and removed or deleted and tried to rediscover the Denon, now with no luck. still all devices on the network (PC, daughters laptop, Iphones and Androids) can see it except this PC.

here's what Ive done
1) reset firewall settings to default, no luck
2) did a system restore (thinking something might have changed) no luck
3) checked every setting i could find for sharing
4) made sure network standby is working

I really didn't want to change any of the settings on the Denon (like turning off DHCP) since everyone else's stuff works!

I'm at a loss. this actually may have started when i did the latest update to the Denon, but don't think that's it since everything else works works great. Oh, I'm running windows 7 home premium.|
i appreciate anyone's suggestions and sorry if i rambled, just very frustrated!

Dave

UPDATE!!!!

Through more playing i looked for differences between the 2 laptops. the only difference i could find was i created a HomeGroup for sharing and the other laptop did not have one active! I removed/deleted the HomeGroup option i set up and Bingo! Everything missing was found and works perfectly! i can stream audio from WMP and Itunes via Airplay!

Just wanted to give an update incase anyone else has issues like this. Apparently some devices do not like the Microsoft HomeGroup option, preventing the host computer from communicating properly.

Best,
Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse