The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday January 30, 2013 at 19:12
Tom Ciaramitaro
Loyal Member
May 2002
On January 29, 2013 at 11:56, Lifespeed said...

I have used the RF-260 for nearly one year without any problems whatsoever.  Also, when I execute a macro that does not rely on one of the buttons that is problematic it seems to work OK through the RF-260.

However, when one of the button presses fails, the RF-260 still fires off the appropriate repeater.

If the buttons are really not the problem, I don't want to send the remote back only to have URC claim "no trouble found".  Switching to infrared seems a reasonable troubleshooting step.  I have an RMA # from URC and was about to send it back today.  Perhaps I'll take another day to troubleshoot using infrared only.  It would seem pretty strange for the RF-260 to work fine for a year and then act up, as it is just electronics without the electromechanical keypad to wear out.

If you fire a macro, there are no "buttons" involved, so you can eliminate "buttons" as an issue.

You probably nailed it with interference.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse